Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snow Day x2!

So we got hammered here in Chicago with an amazing 17+ inches (I lost count) of snow between Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday morning.  We woke up to snow drifts half way up our garage door, a car that was barely visible in the driveway, and wondering where our street was.

Needless to say, school was canceled on Wednesday (and Thursday), which gave us some time to go out and have some fun enjoying Snowzilla 2011:

Brooke, lovin' that the snow is up to her waist!

Nathan, diving in!

The view looking back toward the garage (and car) - at least 4.5' high drifts!

Our view looking toward the street.  Wait - there's a STREET there?  Where?

Mommy & Brooke, cuddling to stay warm!

Gotta love these snow days!  Unfortunately, tomorrow it's back to school (and work)....uggh!

2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures :-) Enjoy the snow for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember those days! The world came to an end! Wait! I just looked out the window it is still here and starting to bloom. It must have just stopped for a bit!

    ReplyDelete